Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Lighting and Mise En Scene

My opening sequence deals with dark subject matter, the taboos of society, the things that you don't often see happen in broad daylight. So,my lighting will be very dark, and minimal. I want there to be muted colours, like greys, blacks, browns, etc with a splash of bright colour from the clowns costumes. However they will also be quite muted and dirty. This will make the clowns jump out at you, and they will be a strong contrast to their bleak surroundings. I am thinking of trying to film in black and white, and then only the clowns will be in colour, and so they will jump out at the audience even more. I want it to be bleak because i want my audience to feel bleak and morbid in themselves, it is a technique used to help the audience empathize with the characters. I want my audience to feel empty and alone as the clowns do.

No comments:

Post a Comment